One day my hubby and I happened into Furniture Row just looking around. I noticed this sweet thing in the clearance section! I got so excited! Then I noticed one of the doors was just leaning against it. I proceeded to ignore that, because it got in the way of my excitement over this bargain in front of me! They had a price tag of $89 on it! Woohoo! I really wanted it and I had no idea where I would put it. Hubby didn't think I was serious and wasn't sure it would fit in our Honda CRV...I let him talk me into leaving with out it.
But, after we got home and he left to run another errand I figured out EXACTLY where I would put it! So I called him and talked him into running up there at 10 minutes before closing! He's such a sweet guy!
Long story short - he soon found out why that door was leaning against it and not installed. It seems there was a problem with the way it was made and it is missing one row of grooves. So, the door can never be installed. I thought about it for about 10 seconds and I said - let's get it anyway!
After getting it in place and all accessorized I decided you really don't notice it. It kinda looks like it was made that way!
I even found a place to use that missing door...
There are plenty of thrifty treasures on the black bookcase, too...
- Little wire basket that I put my coasters in: $2 at antique mall
- Candle dish under brown candle: 25 cents at yard sale
- Green placemat and beige placemat: $1.50 at Pier One on clearance
- Bird on a stick: $1 at yard sale
- Cute vintage picture frame holding my precious Penny: 25 cents at yard sale
- Cloth napkin under photo: $1.50 at Pier One on clearance
More bargains from the dining room:
- Black metal shelf and letter "C": Hobby Lobby on 1/2 off
- White metal basket on the wall: 25 cents at yard sale
- Green berries: 25 cents at yard sale
- Chicken: $1 at antique mall
- Red vases: Hobby Lobby 66% off sale
- Leafy little framed art: $1 at yard sale