Sunday, August 2, 2009

Saturday Yard Sale Finds



Joining the party over at Southern Hospitality! Everybody's talking about their yard sale finds from this weekend!

Photobucket
Another successful Saturday morning for Mom and I! We found 22 yard sale ads in the paper and made it to them all! We always start by looking in Friday's paper for the Saturday only sales. We don't like to waste our time on the sales that started on Friday. Mom highlights all the Saturday only ads and then she comes over and we start printing out maps. We print a page for each address, if we have several that are in the same area then we list them on the same paper. When we are done printing out all the maps then we plan our route! We start at 7:15 or so and go until around noon. We do have to stop and take a sausage biscuit break around 10 o'clock - you know, to keep our strength up!


Photobucket
I usually take around $20 in cash. This time I found some pretty cool things! I like to buy plates, candle holders, art, seasonal stuff, foliage and baskets! I also try to find something neat for the kids. I picked up a Star Wars Monopoly set for our son for $1. I got the cutest bowl and plate with colorful cats painted on them for $2.50. They already have a hanger on the back and I plan to hang them in my sunroom.
Photobucket
I also scored a glass Christmas cutting board for $2. I can just set it out on my kitchen counter out during the holidays in place of my current clear cutting board. I thought that was pretty neat. It is definitely something I wouldn't normally buy in a store.
I got these wire chicken shaped baskets filled with real eggs that I am going to use above my hutch. Not sure where that cute fat cat is going to go. I guess he is meant for the garden, but he is cute enough to live in the sunroom, too.
The fall mums are a matching pair. I will find a good use for them, maybe as a centerpiece on my dining room table.

10 comments:

  1. Wow you got a lot for only $20! That cutting board looks so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH, I love those chicken wire baskets with the eggs! Hehe, man, maybe I need to start investing in the Friday newspaper...! Thanks so much for joining my blog; I'm so excited to have another follower, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that kitty cat! If he can't find a place at your house he can come live at mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you did well. I love the hen basket with the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that fat kitty, and that cutting board is so cute! 22 garage sales?! Wow, lucky you, and you found alot of great things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, and I love your treasures. I adore the wire chicken basket with eggs in it SO CUTE! it looks like you scored!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a haul!! I'd probably be much more successful at finding the sales if I did like you and your Mom. Used to do that in the city but it's harder in the country. a lot more ground to cover. You guys did great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the idea for the basket! Perfect idea! And I love your finds...
    and saw your beadboard love post. I love it too but just wouldn't 'fit' in my house, I don't think. Have you seen the beadboard wallpaper? I'm thinking of adding that to some cabinets in the laundry room at least.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam,
    It sounds like you and your mom make a great tag team! You have Saturday garage sailing down to a fine art form! I would have needed two sausage biscuits to keep up with your fast pace. I am very impressed 22 in one day. From your photos I can tell you scored lots of neat goodies, the fat cat and egg basket are my favorites.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. 22 garage sales in one day, that sounds like a record, and like a ton of fun.
    I enjoyed looking at your house, and look forward to seeing how you decorate.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much!