Tuesday, July 28, 2009

House Hunters

House Hunters on HGTV is one of my most favorite shows ever! I just can't get enough of it! I love seeing the homes in other parts of the country (and world!) - and I love just getting that peek into how other people live!
My family doesn't get it! We recently bought our current house and now that we have a home to love, they don't understand why I'm not done with looking at houses!
It is just something that I never grow tired of! There are just so many different kinds of homes out there. My favorites are the homes in New England. I love me some Cape Cod! I'll take dormer windows and built-ins any day!
And the whole basement thing is a big mystery to me! We don't do basements in our part of Texas! It just amazes me to think about how these houses come with living rooms, family rooms and all that on the top one or two floors and then...they will have a basement level the same size footprint as the house! A whole other floor with yet another family room, sometimes another kitchen, another bedroom and another bathroom! What do families do with all that space?
I am so thrilled that our house is big enough so we all have different places to "be". The kids have their bedrooms, we have ours. Someone can be in the family room, someone else in the kitchen and then the computer is in a corner of the sunroom. So we are not on top of each other all the time! That was a big deal when we were looking for a house! I wanted to be able to be in one corner of the house and NOT be able to have a conversation with someone in the other corner of the house!


Which brings me back to why I love House Hunters so much! I love seeing how other families go about choosing their homes. What do THEY think is important? Did we have the same needs and wants?
And of course...did they get a good deal on their house? Did we get a good deal on our house? It's a subject that I just never get tired of!

- Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much!