Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Decorating in a Casual Style



This is a great example of a room decorated with a wonderful mix of styles. Here's what I love about this room: I love the overall feeling of it. It feels like a relaxing comfortable retreat! The mixture of wicker and upholstered pieces keeps it more casual. This room has a beachy feel with the color scheme, sailboats, sea shells and beach-themed art. And the color on the side table is just enough to add a bit of whimsy! This is my kind of decorating!



Country Living

The photo above shows a mix of traditional with rustic for a perfectly casual look! I love the contrast of textures in this room - the rug, the blanket, the old wooden benches! They also balanced the strong elements by the way they placed the checkerboards and sailboat art. This room is so inviting, you just want to grab a cup of coffee and a great magazine and have a seat! I also like the element of whimsy with the large apple on the table in the corner!

Enjoy a few more examples of casual decorating with a touch of whimsy!



Southern Living



Southern Living



House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much!